doyle + associates utilizes a holistic approach for all of our retail projects
This approach, gives us the ability to provide our clients with a complete spectrum of retailing expertise and the ability to access the latest industry developments and trends. We assist organizations in creating new retail stores or improving existing retail operations. Depending on our clients needs we will focus on a specific problem or issue, or serve as the turn key for total project management, from retail concept and business planning to retail store design, retail product sourcing, management recruitment, staff coaching and visual merchandising.
We view all of our retail projects as collaboration with our clients.
We bring with us an extensive understanding of the retail industry and current market trends that will influence your store’s success. We research and identify retail strategies that will most appeal to the end-user and increase your store’s profitability.
Often our first task is to conduct a business assessment and create a programming document, which will serve as the road map that guides our work.This programming document outlines such key issues as store design, product merchandising, inventory management, administrative roles, operations management and retail and e-tail interface. We ask key questions that help us understand what your needs are, such as:
- Who are the other project consultants? How do we interact/coordinate with them?
- Who are the customers? How has that changed over the last five years? Over the last ten years?
- What are the economic/cultural profile and interests of the customer? What are their purchasing interests? What is their annual spending on those interests? How does the your store gain its fair market share of that spending?
- How can we create a positive brand experience for the customer?
- What are the current merchandise categories? What are the SKU’s in each category?
- What is the most profitable merchandise category? What is the least profitable?
- How frequently will the merchandise mix change? Is it seasonal or tied to special events?
- How do we differentiate this store from competition offering similar merchandise?
Retail Store Design
- What is the budget? Does it allow for new technologies and sensory details?
- What are the front end and back end use patterns?
- Does any of the merchandise require special fixtures, lighting or temperature settings?
- What are the security concerns?
- Is there a cohesive packaging and identity program in place? What information needs to be communicated to the customer via signage and graphics?
Our next steps are to take the information gathered from the business assessment, along with any relevant industry research or market trends and outline a business strategy and critical path plan that will improve your stores operations, maximize profitability and turn your shoppers into satisfied customers.